My Flash Does not work??

Greg Gallant

My internal flash will pop up but will not flash. I've had the camera for 2 months and today was the first day that I tried to use it. Any ideas? Thanks

My internal flash will pop up but will not flash. I've had the camera for 2 months and today was the first day that I tried to use it. Any ideas? Thanks

First off welcome to the forum.

We needs lots more information like what mode are you in. What settings are you using in the Menu under the flash mode. Slow sync? Fast sync, Rear curtain sync? Have you gone through the manual and read up on how to set up the internal flash.

http://download.nikonimglib.com/archive2/BLXYI00h4qaR01fiDuZ53t0rd756/D7200UM_NT(En)02.pdf Page 144

Horoscope Fish

The pop-up flash almost always wants to fire when using the green, Full-auto mode, especially indoors. Does the flash NOT fire under those circumstances?

WayneF

If the flash door pops open, and if the shutter triggers, then I'm pretty sure the flash is expected to fire. It sounds like a problem. Be sure to tend to it while in warranty.

There could be focus issues when the shutter does not trigger, and the flash would not fire then.

Auto mode pops the flash when it deems needed. The adjacent position on the mode dial (next to Auto) is a Flash Off setting, but it should not pop open then.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
And if he is manually popping up the flash, it may not flash depending on settings in the camera and the mode and conditions he is shooting in. Like has been said, more info is needed to help in the diagnosis.

Oh and welcome to the forum Greg.

Danino

Almost a blessing....LOL. More info is needed before deciding on a fault condition. All this flash is good for is triggering off camera slave flash if there are no other means like radio remote. Hope this gets sorted soon.