Embeded Info

derrabe

I see in several of the photo down in the show off your pictures section that if you hover over the picture it will display different camera info on it (make, iso, shutterspeed etc.). How do I do that with my D5300?

I did try to search the forum first but I couldnt figure out how best to word it.

480sparky

That function is part of the forum software, not your camera. Your camera will record that information automatically and when you upload an image (one that has not been edited in software that strips that data), it should be displayed.

derrabe

'Pert? I am not sure I understand this term...

Does that data have a technical term so I can find out how to retaining it through my editing software

480sparky

'Pert? I am not sure I understand this term...

Does that data have a technical term so I can find out how to retaining it through my editing software

'Pert near = Pretty much.

Technical term is EXIF (EXchangeable Information File). To find out if your software strips it, you'll need software that can read it (again, most can). Save an image, then reload it and see if the data is still there. If so, the software does not remove it.

Horoscope Fish

The other thing to remember is if you host your images on a site, such as Flickr, and then use the link from that site in your forum post here in order to show your photo, the EXIF data will most likely NOT show up. This is because hosting sites do not transmit that information when images are linked.

Not sure where you got the 2mb figure from but if it is that large the EXIF will not show up. Below is a guide for uploading photos here. Be sure to follow the guidelines for resizing your photos. What program do you use now for editing your photos?

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

Kevin H

The other thing to remember is if you host your images on a site, such as Flickr, and then use the link from that site in your forum post here in order to show your photo, the EXIF data will most likely NOT show up. This is because hosting sites do not transmit that information when images are linked.

I use Flickr all the time mine show's up just need to use the Original size option :D

derrabe

Not sure where you got the 2mb figure from but if it is that large the EXIF will not show up. Below is a guide for uploading photos here. Be sure to follow the guidelines for resizing your photos. What program do you use now for editing your photos?

I was having an issue uploading some images that kept failing so I did a search on the forum for attachment size and found one of the mods posted that the attachments size has shrunk from 6mb to 2mb size limit.

My main editing software is photoshop cs5 also trying out lightzone

I was having an issue uploading some images that kept failing so I did a search on the forum for attachment size and found one of the mods posted that the attachments size has shrunk from 6mb to 2mb size limit.

My main editing software is photoshop cs5 also trying out lightzone

It will take a 2mb file but it will automatically shrink it to the size it wants. That is why we suggest the 1000px on the long side and ro 72DPI. this lets you control how it looks and it also won't strip out the EXIF data.