Bluetooth Off on D500

TKC_D500

Hi everyone. First post here. I just updated my firmware to 1.1 and now the bluetooth setting in the menu shows off and is greyed out so that I can't select it. How do I turn it back on. I'm trying to setup Snapbridge to try it out but without bluetooth turned on, no luck. I disabled airplane mode, but still no luck. Thanks.

Shadow83

I dont know if the d500 is the same but on my d7200. If the battery is low the Bluetooth will be grayed out and not let me turn it on.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
How about this that I found using Google:

Bluetooth is greyed out and Wi-Fi is not available until you connect a compatible smart device with the SnapBridge app (this is confirmed on page 354 of the User Manual). Not all devices have been tested and confirmed as fully compatible: System Requirements
Android 5.0 or later or 6.0.1 or later
A device with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e., a device that supports Bluetooth Low Energy) is required.
Smart Devices That Have Been Tested and Approved for Use as of April 2016:
Samsung
Galaxy S5(v.5.0.0)
Galaxy S4(v.5.0.1)
Galaxy S6 Edge(v.5.0.2)
Google
Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi(v.5.1.1)
Nexus 6(v.6.0.1)
Nexus 5(v.6.0.1)
Nexus 4(v.5.1.1)
Nexus 5X(v.6.0.1)
Nexus 6P(v.6.0.1)
SONY
Xperia Z4(v.5.0.2)
Xperia Z5(v.5.1.1)
Xiaomi
Mi 4i(v.5.0.2 MIUI6.6.6.0)
Other devices can be used but operation cannot be guaranteed.The issue you encounter with your ASUS Zenfone 2 I expect is that devices with an Intel Atom CPU are not supported by SnapBridge and from checking online this seems to be the processor used in the ASUS Zenfone 2.

bunbun369

You need to use snapbridge to pair the phone with the camera. once you install snap bridge open the app. It should have no camera paired. Turn on bluetooth before starting the app. once inside the app - go to the menu on the camera and find the connect to smart device menu item - this will launch the menu for pairing the camera to your phone. Follow the menu items on the camera. Inside the snapbridge app you will click the plus symbol to add the camera.

I won't tell you the full steps as it should be straight forward.

If you have paired before but it won't connect then you need to forget the device (end pairing) in snapbridge and in the bluetooth device setting on the phone and redo the pairing.