New to D5300 and some questions

derrabe

Hi,

I am new to this part of the forum, I have a Nikon CoolPix L840 and have been lurking on the forum and asking questions on that camera for a little while now. I recently just upgraded to the D5300 (in fact just received it yesterday). I have a few questions that might save me time pouring over the manual.

First I bought this kit Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera 3 Lens Kit 18 55mm 32GB Amazing Value Bundle 018208015191 | eBay

Does anyone know why or how to change a setting to stop it from compressing the picture when it sends it over its wireless mode to my cell phone. If I take the card out and put it in a computer it is 6000X4000 but the file it sends to my phone is 1620x1080. It did this on my coolpix too but never figured out a fix.

Second it came with a wireless external flash - Where do I go to get it to connect to the camera

Third it also came with a wireless shutter remote - Same question how do I connect it to the camera when I want to use it.

(Sorry for the questions but the accessories came with no instructions.)

Lastly does anyone have any recommendations for additional accessories?

I have other questions on some of the accessories but I am not currently with the camera to ask what to do with them or where they go

Last edited:
It is always going to compress when it goes the the phone.. The wireless option is just for sending a quick pic to facebook or Instant message and not for serious work.

All your questions can be answered at Nikon | Download center | D5300

Also remember that this is a grey market camera and has no warranty. The flash is a no name flash so you will have to figure out how to use it.