Brand New

Vanessa

Hey, there. My name is Vanessa. I'm from Louisiana. I just purchased a Nikon D40 (with kit lens) on Friday from a friend who is "in a bind" for money so I got a really good deal. I've been shopping around for lenses on eBay but decided to join a forum to see what I can learn and to see if anyone has any lenses for sale that I'd be interested in.

My main subject for photography will probably be cars.. maybe people on occasion. I'm interested in buying a 35mm lens, 10.5mm fish eye lens, 10-24mm wide angle, and a 70-200mm telephoto lens later on.

Thanks for having me!

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Vanessa and welcome.

The D40 is a fine camera and one with which I'm sure you'll be well pleased. You sure have some nice thoughts on future lenses! If you do find any good deals you could let me know too! LOL!

Vanessa

Hey Vanessa, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay with us. The D40 is a good camera, and I'm sure you'll make good use of it.
Another place to look for used equipment is Kijiji. eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) - Post & Search Free Local Classified Ads. Give it a try...........ya never know. :)

Haha I did a search for "Nikon" in the entire Acadiana area and zero results. That doesn't surprise me. As a matter of fact, that's job security for the local photographers.

theregsy

Hello Vanessa,
Can't knock your choice of camera, the D40 is a great camera and produces some excellent images. Keep in mind the Sigma and Tamron options when you are lens shopping, apart from a couple of Nikon kit lenses and very elderly prime I use mainly Sigma because of their price and the 18 - 35 wide angle is a very good lens. Welcome aboard :)

FoxRacer2

Hello Vanessa,
Can't knock your choice of camera, the D40 is a great camera and produces some excellent images. Keep in mind the Sigma and Tamron options when you are lens shopping, apart from a couple of Nikon kit lenses and very elderly prime I use mainly Sigma because of their price and the 18 - 35 wide angle is a very good lens. Welcome aboard :)

Agreed with looking into sigmas and other 3rd party lenses. Just as good, and the price is awesome.

But welcome, and enjoy your d40! I love mine!