Wireless remote utility and D5300

jayw

I recently read that you can use the Nikon WMU (Wireless Remote Utility) to trigger the shutter release. I downloaded the utility from Google Play Store and installed it on my Galaxy S5. The issue I have is that when not in use, it is still running in the background "chewing" up the battery. Is there anyway to shut this off? If not, is there another utility (non-IR) that will work with D5300 and that can be shut down on the GS5 when not in use?

I recently read that you can use the Nikon WMU (Wireless Remote Utility) to trigger the shutter release. I downloaded the utility from Google Play Store and installed it on my Galaxy S5. The issue I have is that when not in use, it is still running in the background "chewing" up the battery. Is there anyway to shut this off? If not, is there another utility (non-IR) that will work with D5300 and that can be shut down on the GS5 when not in use?

You need to go into the menu and turn it off. You also might try once you get through using the remote just turn that camera off and it will shut the WMU
off in the camera. At least that is how I turn mine off with my D750. Turn it on the the camera and then shut something with your phone and then turn the camera off and back on and check to see if the option is turned on in your camera.

Bob Blaylock

At the top level in WMU, hit the menu button, then select “Exit” in the lower right corner.

2016-09-10 12.22.00.jpg

nickt

On the galaxy S5, press and hold the soft key to the left of your home button while the app is open. That will bring up the menu that Bob posted above.