Batch processing in Photoshop

Blade Canyon

The folks at Perfectly Clear made a great video about how to record an action in Photoshop, and then apply that action to every photo inside a certain folder. I didn't know this was possible. Although the video is about how to batch process with the Perfectly Clear plug-in, you can do this with any action you choose to record.

I don't know how this would work with RAW files if they open in ACR first. (Can you record an action that goes through all of those steps?) But I will try it later tonight.

Let's say you have a folder of 100 jpegs that you want to resize from 300 ppi to 72 ppi for online sharing. You record a "resizing" action. Then you can use the batch action to apply that action to all 100 jpegs while you walk away and do something else. Best PS tip I've learned this week!

Batch Process with Perfectly Clear Photoshop Plug-in | Perfectly Clear

Blade Canyon

It does work with RAW or NEF files. The only difference is that the first picture in the batch opens in ACR. You click "Open Image" on that one, then the rest follow. My recorded action was to use the filter called Adobe Camera Raw to make the desired changes. That was an action that could be recorded.