Macro reverse ring, Nikon BR-2 & BR3 work on film slr (f3hp)?

Lights

I am somewhat new to photography, and I'm currently looking into macro. I use a Nikon F3hp & have a Vivitar telephoto lens as well as a Nikon 50mm lens.

I was just wondering if the BR2 reverse ring by Nikon would work with the F3, the bR-2A is a bit more expensive and was made to work with AF, but my f3 is not AF. I don't mind spending the extra money if it will certainly work with my camera, but if I can save a few by buying the BR2 that would be nice.

I was also lookin into getting the BR3, which enables you to attach a lens hood or filter on the reversed side of the lens. This seems very useful and also a good way to protect the lens itself. Before I purchase one, I just wanted to confirm it would work with the f3. Most of the reviews are of people using Nikon Dslrs, I'm almost positive my f3 is compatible but just wanted to make sure.

Also if anyone has any advice for using these, or can recomend one of the other BR attachments that would be great! I plan on reversing and using both the 50mm and telephoto lens by use of a step up ring.

Thanks in advance:]

Bukitimah

Nothing beats the macro lens. However, if you are on a budget, may I suggest the Raynox close-up lens. Extension tubes and reverse are not as ideal for various reasons.

As I mentioned above, nothing beats the macro lens but it is an option.