New User - Setting up for multiple exposures

Durell

I just purchased my camera recently so I am not adverse to reading the documentation. However, all of the information on this subject (that I find in google and the owners manual) says to start with menu-->shooting menu --> multi exposures ..... we following this ...that option is off and what I need to know is what to set to turn it on ...and what those options should be. As for my photo knowledge level ... I am very much in the shallow end of the pool ... so unless you can be very specific or point me to an article ... I will be lost very quickly.

Thanks for understanding ....
Durell

Berkerk

Which camera model do you have (you'll be asked to update your profile with details)?

Are you in Manual mode (M on the dial on top of your camera, many settings are disabled in other modes)?

TeddyBear

Hello,

First, if you take frequent Multiple Exposure shots, you might want to move it to "My Menu" for easier access.

1. Once you are in "Multiple exposure" it'll read "OFF". Click "ok" on your multi-selector.
2. Choose "Number of Shots" (I chose 3, this will take darker, normal, lighter shots).
3. Then select "Auto Gain" "ON".
4. Finally, to turn this feature on, move cursor to "Done" and press ok to turn it ON.

You are now on "Multiple Exposure Shot" mode. Take 3 consecutive shots (either on CL or CH mode) and it'll turn off automatically. If you want to take another "Multiple exposure shot" just goto menu and, click OK on "Done"

I'm bit new to D7000 as well so my explanation could be wrong. Perhaps someone else can explain better than me but that's how I use this setting. I also find that, you must use tripod or you will end up with blurry picture.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
There is a specific button on the D7000 just under the flash button, it reads "bkt" for bracket exposure. While pressing on it, when you turn the main dial (back one) and look in the info window from above, you'll see that you can get 0-3, this will get you the number of consecutive shots the camera will take. Now, while still depressing the bkt button, if you turn the front dial, this will give you the amount of exposure variation you want between each exposure. It is best to use this setting either while the camera is on a tripod or reliable support and/or the shutter in Continuous High mode.

See manual under "bracketing exposures".
Hope this helps.