Intensify for Mac

RON_RIP

This editing tool for IMac's is on sale right now. Is anyone familiar with it. It certainly lists enough features, but often times other editors do not play well with Macs. I am presently using Aperture for all my editing.

Lawrence

Never heard of it.

but that is nothing to go on. I stick to the basic LR and PS and have no idea how the others work. I tried the NIK collection once and that confusedme despite the rave reviews.

Probably shouldn't have commented but I was in a lull ...

Blacktop

This editing tool for IMac's is on sale right now. Is anyone familiar with it. It certainly lists enough features, but often times other editors do not play well with Macs. I am presently using Aperture for all my editing.
Is there a free trial period?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Always beware of the "Snake Oil" salesmen. There are quite a few FREE software that has proven good to some of us (NIK collection).

But as with all photo processing software, if you don't know what you're after, you could run in circles for eternity. To each job there is a tool and sometimes it takes time to lear how to use the tools to their max.

You could download and install Nik collection to work with Aperture so whenever you want you just go to Nik and the result will come back in Aperture. And it's free.

Fred Kingston

Ron

I looked at Intensify CK again this morning... I got it as part of the bundle awhile back, but never really played with it too much.... Your post prompted me to look at it... That's a pretty interesting little program... especially as a stand-alone editor that does layers... The sharpening and noise Presets/sliders are pretty good for quickly getting some interesting results...

Color me impressed... I can't speak to the price and Instagram Uploader bundle, but the program is pretty robust...

RON_RIP

Well thanks to all for weighing in. I am still up in the air because Aperture has always given me as much editing tools as I felt I needed. And ,of course, the Instagram uploader is just plain silly for me and I hate to add anything to my Mac that I will not use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wornish

Intensify works great on my iMac. It acts as a filter in Photoshop and also in Lightroom.
I use it more than any other photo editing app - its part of the macphun creative kit.