Weekly Challenge Sept. 28 - Oct. 5 : A Season of Change, the Colors of Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
A Season of Change, the Colors of Fall

Jmaas
was the winner of the "Transition" Weekly Challenge and issued the following challenge:.

Your challenge for the Week of Sept. 28 –Oct. 5 is A Season of Change, the Colors of Fall

Fall is upon us and in Upstate New York that means vibrant colors, football games, and the fall harvest.
This week’s challenge is to depict the season. The color, the crispness, the change of fall.

The criteria for selection are as follows:
50% Creativity, 30 % Color and 20% Technique

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Oct. 5 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Mis Adam

This is such a beautiful time of year. I cant wait to see what every one comes up with. I've seen some really great early shots for fall already, just gets me that much more excited to see the challenge photos and get out there again.

Carolina Photo Guy

Changing Leaves.jpg

Here in North Carolina, we are lucky enough to have relatively mild winters and slow falls. The downside to that is that we have VERY slow falls.

Our leaves don't usually start changing until late October. How-ever this is a symptom of an apparent epidemic.

My wife's Burning Bush. :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sometimes simple works better. So here is my submission for this week's challenge.

fall's coming.jpg

DuckyChickenLady

Well.....there are so many tutorials on how to do HDR. Just Google HDR tutorial, and before ya know it, you, too, will be making beautiful HDR photos! :) There's lots on YouTube, too.
From what I have read so far on HDR... you need Photoshop or some sort of software.. I don't have any, will be researching some more to see if there are any 'free' programs for now! :)

Rick M

From what I have read so far on HDR... you need Photoshop or some sort of software.. I don't have any, will be researching some more to see if there are any 'free' programs for now! :)

There are many trail versions you can download. Try Photomatix. If you like it, they have 2 versions, pro and light. I purchased the light version (only$39) and it works great!

The foliage shots in my gallery were done with Photomatix light

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.