en-el15 anyone?

BackdoorArts

One word of caution for off brands, they don't always work. I don't know if any 3rd party batteries work with the D500. Heck, the older version of the EN-EL15's don't work. That's not an issue with what you have, but if Nikon continues using that battery in the future then they may become useless to you on upgrades.

Also, look out for folks who may be selling the older version of the EN-EL15's marked "Li-Ion1" and not "Li-Ion20" as they have for the last couple years. These work fine in all current Nikons, but were so problematic (underpowered) in the D500 that Nikon allowed owners to exchange old for new. Again, not an issue for your current cameras, but just a heads up for future purchases.

Borga Voffe

image.jpeg

Lion 1 :(

Borga Voffe

image.jpeg

Lion 20 :)

just bought such one off a dealer in Hong Kong
Anxious now, what will turn up in my post office in a few weeks?

Last edited:

Borga Voffe

Sent him an e-mail asking for my item, I was so touched by his reply;

"
[h=3]Hi,dear friend:
Nice day :)
i am very glad for you ,
Thanks for your purchased .
Yes ,i will ship to you and the item is same as the photo ,.[/h]"

Clearly not a standard form reply, its a nice person trying to help!

Y all agree on that this is eBay seller to be trusted?

Danno

Nice note, but I am strange about batteries. All I have used is Nikon batteries. Given the endorsement @Don Kuykendal gave regarding his experience with Wasabi brand I would consider them. But I just am not a fan of cheap batteries.

Danino

Sent him an e-mail asking for my item, I was so touched by his reply;

"
Hi,dear friend:
Nice day :)
i am very glad for you ,
Thanks for your purchased .
Yes ,i will ship to you and the item is same as the photo ,.

"

Clearly not a standard form reply, its a nice person trying to help!

Y all agree on that this is eBay seller to be trusted?

Be aware that anyone addressing you with 'Dear friend' in their reply on 'eBay' is most likely to be a seller from China.

Genuine Original Nikon EN-EL15 Battery for Nikon D800E/D7000/V1/D600/D800 | eBay

Last edited:

Borga Voffe

Hmm. It seems that one fooled me. All is is is lost!

Just got an e-mail from a yellow chinaman ---
"Friend - we have sent you a toy car! You can find a battery inside if you are in good mood. Thank you for trade!"

So it went to pot, me silly. I guess I have to be ashamed and walk away then?

Danino

All may not be lost, it may be a working battery never the less. I used third party batteries in the past with no problems. Now if it were a D500 then you would have to stick with the OEM battery and the correct one at that.