August 2016 Assignement "FLAGS"

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
August 2016 ... "FLAGS"

"FLAGS" Any photo that contains a flag or flags. It can be country flags, racing flags, survey flags, warning flags, school flags, team flags..... You get the picture (pun intended).

HOW you create it is up to you. The idea is to challenge you to think outside of the box. Be creative and artistic for this one. Set it up, stage it, enhance it in post processing, or just get lucky. Your creativity is limited only by your imagination.

vet-mem-PE-cr.jpg

There ya go, let's get shooting! CREATIVITY/TECHNIQUE rules in this challenge, but there are a few guidelines:

1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken using a Nikon Camera!

2. All submissions must be taken during the month specified in the assignment thread and taken by YOU! (Please insure that EXIF is either posted with the photo or if it gets messed up, hold yourself to the honor system and add the minimum Exif data of the Camera used and the date the photo was taken to your post)

2. Obviously, for this challenge, your photo must contain something with "FLAGS." Other than that, it's all up to your interpretation of the theme. Any photo will be accepted, SOOC or edited, doesn't matter.

3. Photos must be posted in this thread to be considered. Links to photos will not be considered an entry (In other words, no Flikr or similar links)

4. Only THREE entries per member for each assignment. Please post entries separately (1 photo per post) and number the entry.

5. Entries will be judged by the number of likes received.

6. The top 5 shots will be displayed in a separate thread, and will be displayed in no particular order.

7. This is intended to be a FUN challenge. No critiques unless specifically asked. Also, please limit posts to just photos and brief descriptions/titles. Any comments/discussion should occur elsewhere, PLEASE.

As listed in other challenges, please note: NO CASH OR PRIZES will be awarded for this Monthly Assignment.

HAVE FUN, can't wait to see the results!!

WeeHector

Entry #1

The company I'm working for decided to get a flag made representing the nationalities we mainly work with. This is our Flag of Flags. The French Flag is missing as we are based in France. Can anyone work them all out? Note, there is a catch in this.

DSC_1128.jpg

nikonpup

this may be my ride this afternoon, doing a battle cruise. Lady washington and hawaiian chieftain do battle near blaine, washington._DSC4039.jpg

Alan

Flag at a GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) cemetery. Members of the GAR were Union veterans of the Civil War.

DSCN8926.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
First I've heard about CWOM - Sister site?

I don't know how you missed it Joe. It was announced on the radio, TV and in the newspapers. :loyal:
Actually it was announced with a banner and in some of the Site news. It has been around for a few months now.

It is for those who are afraid of mirrors, I guess. Ha!

WeeHector

Leintrey, Lorraine, 14th August 2016.
Not a breath of wind to flutter the flag, Not a sound to break the silence apart from the buzzing of the insects. Heaven on earth.

Leintrey, 10th July 1916.
In the midst of WW1, the 162nd French Infantry Regiment, after horrendous losses at Verdun, was sent to the seemingly calm front in Lorraine. The French lines were situated about a mile from the village of Leintrey. It had been known for several weeks that the Germans were digging tunnels towards the French and they, in turn, had belatedly begun digging underneath the German tunnels. On the evening July 10th, the Germans began to bombard the French lines, suggesting that a ground attack was imminent, causing the French to bring in reinforcements. Around 10.30pm the Germans exploded between 15 and 20 tons of explosives under the French front line, causing the deaths of about 85 French soldiers and creating 4 enormous bomb craters, now known as the "Leintrey Funnels".

This photo is of one of the funnels and the monument to the dead.

DSC_1271.jpg

mark240590

August 2016 Assignement "FLAGS"

EDIT: Deleted first picture so this one counts.

The below is the Moorish castle in Gibraltar overlooking the Bay of Gibraltar and Spain flying the Union Jack.

f6a1ab32692618da4c9e7d31a8f6288a.jpg

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
ec5e4bca667b3af99884c27c9e07443c.jpg

This one was taken on my iPhone at the Frontier in Gibraltar.

The below is the Moorish castle also in Gibraltar flying the Union Jack.

f6a1ab32692618da4c9e7d31a8f6288a.jpg

Mark, these do not meet the rules for the monthly assignment. Please read the rules in the first post of this thread to see what is needed.
Thanks,

mark240590

Well as I said I'm new to this so I'm not sure how I've infringed the rules. Obviously the first one wasn't taken with my camera but the moorish castle was. I'm not interested in the competition just to see what people think of them :)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well as I said I'm new to this so I'm not sure how I've infringed the rules. Obviously the first one wasn't taken with my camera but the moorish castle was. I'm not interested in the competition just to see what people think of them :)

They need to be in separate posts for this assignment Mark. See rule #4.