Nikon Cature NX-D/Distortion Control

jayw

I have a D5300 with a Tamron 18-300 VR lens. I'm finding that on the short and long side, I'm getting lens distortion (barrel/pin cushion). I understand this is normal for this type of lens, but when I use Capture NX-D, I'm unable to activate the Distortion Control function. Is this only good for Nikon lenses? If it good for all brands, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Jay

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Just some thoughts. I have looked at NX-D and all seems to be working for me with a Tokina lens. Are you trying to work on RAW or JPG files. I think the distortion controls and perspective controls only work with RAW. (I can't swear to that because I only shoot RAW). Also, I don't have any Tamron lenses, so can't test that either.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Distortion control in Nikon software only works with Nikkor lenses.
Thanks for setting me straight on this. I thought I had read where the camera could use info from some third party lenses, but now I can't find it so it must have been in one of my dreams. Ha!

I will add that with the Tokina lens the Auto Correct box is available and not greyed out. Not sure if it does anything as I don't have any photo to test, but it does allow for the options.