Bags - again - in mountains/rocky hills

Borga Voffe

Loepro. This is the "only" option, not much else to get in Norway, exept importing from USA /Amazon ::)

Whats the big difference between Pro Trekker 450 AW and ProTactic 450 AW?? To haul them for a 14 hour stretch in rocky mountains, including several hours in wet mires. And .... its raining...

The whistler and that prorunmer was ditched early in the selection process.

a) Must carry one day of clothes and food Including a tarp, rain clothes, foodfor my best friend (voff)

b) Must carry a thermos (1 litre)

c) d7200, Tokina 100, nikon 70-300 or 18-140, nikon 20 and 60 micro, sigma 17-70, nissin i40

d) no need for any laptop /Ipad, just a small sony cellular and a garmin gps

AKR_3703voff.jpg

Last edited:

Borga Voffe

Hunger games (Mockingjay p I) revisited

Just got home with my new Protactic 450 aw

Awesome!!

I havent done any serious packing or hiking with it yet,,,

but this really looks somethimg fantastic!

This might be THE rucksack

AKR_4562kanal.jpg

to wear in them lovely mountains of mine!

Borga Voffe

Lenses. Ahh them lenses :)
On camera 24 2.8 D
In the rucksack, Nikon 70-300 VR, Tokina 12-28 and Nikon 60 micro

Thats on my first trip. Lets hope this isnt to much a burden or missing one ....

MaxBlake

I'm curious about what you (and your dog) do for a living. All I ever see is the two of you out hiking in the mountains. It's good work if you can get it, I guess. :)

Borga Voffe

Dont work;0)
was retired 1986 due to one disability. Now I have four such d. Life didnt turn out what I wanted. I got an engagement as professor in botany that Sept 1986. Had to turn it down, a sudden back pain developed into a lifetime disability.

Should never been doing this photo hobby, it way too expensive when on official health care/ pension for a lifetime.

Them trips in mountains do indeed very much keep me still going strong, not residing in a wheelchair as every doctor have been trying to get me into since 86.

That photo hobby is just kind of resurrection, making them faint alas so lively memories pre 1986 - when I was walking around without sticks and no disability - be kind of real.

As you all know, buying a d7200 and all them lenses is taking too much a toll of the little money I get each month in pension. I should really got to sell some of the photos, might be able to buy a juicy steak once a while, instead of that cheap italian pasta dishes every day :)

Last edited:

Borga Voffe

The bag?
Walking with it for ten hrs, in a hilly wood, I found its a suitcase With a proper carrying harness
its no way a Osprey Kestrel 32, not even close
but I survived, that carrying system is just about close to be as comfy as Osprey. But the big. And bulky suitcase is kind of top heavy. You do indeed struggle with is on rough terrain.
I cant explain this better in English, just concluding it is just fine on short walks of 5-7 hours to get them nice Dryas shots. Not for lengthy 14 hour stretches up into high mountains, the Osprey is by far to be chosen, also out of security concern, hauling that bulky lowepro suitcase might get you into big trouble if attacked by severe weathers as heavy rain and lightening. That happens! And you will praise the lord carrying a proper big Osprey rucksack when lord starts pouring heavy wet snow and rain. Sigh.

Borga Voffe

I dont know wheter this is a Great Shot, but for me it is. People critizise my photos -- where are the people?? There are no one, just me and the dog! Captures everything what this walk in the woods was about, a silent moment in the calm of the nature, no pain, just happiness, joy and thank you for beeing alive after all ....

AKR_4739HUSET.jpg

Whiskeyman

People? I want more of the dog in the shot!! Either that, or make all of your shots eclectic by including just the "top-of-the-dog's-head-and-ears", like this one, in every shot. Make it intentional!

And for your gear bag, you've got a lot more confidence in your liquid container than I would. No way that would end up inside the bag with my gear!

WM