Primanti Brothers Sandwich

Smoke

Only in Pittsburgh....A Cappicola with fried egg on Celones bread with tomato, fries, and coleslaw. Don't knock it until you try one!

Primantis Sandwich.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Boy you'll know I'm not from the area with my next comment. I recognize coleslaw, fried egg and tomato, oh and french fries. The rest, I have no clue. Ha! I would probably try it though, because it does look pretty good. LOL

Blacktop

Only in Pittsburgh....A Cappicola with fried egg on Celones bread with tomato, fries, and coleslaw. Don't knock it until you try one!

View attachment 221587

I would substitute the coleslaw with peppers and onions. I don't know what a Cappicola is so I would probably substitute it with Italian sausage.
Don't know what Celones bread is, so I would substitute that with a New York hoagie roll.

I would put the egg on a separate plate with rye toast and butter.(no sesame seeds) Other then that, it looks pretty good.

images.jpg

Smoke

I would substitute the coleslaw with peppers and onions. I don't know what a Cappicola is so I would probably substitute it with Italian sausage.
Don't know what Celones bread is, so I would substitute that with a New York hoagie roll.

I would put the egg on a separate plate with rye toast and butter.(no sesame seeds) Other then that, it looks pretty good.

View attachment 221607

Celones bread is a local bread company in PGH
Cappicola is sliced spicy ham

And if you substitute all of that stuff, then it wouldn't be a Primanti sandwich. that would be like going to Philadelphia and substituting ingredients on their cheese steak sandwich

Blacktop

Celones bread is a local bread company in PGH
Cappicola is sliced spicy ham

And if you substitute all of that stuff, then it wouldn't be a Primanti sandwich. that would be like going to Philadelphia and substituting ingredients on their cheese steak sandwich

The sandwich looks good @Smoke. I'll try anything, as I love good food, no matter where it comes from.

I was just being my silly self earlier.:encouragement:

Smoke

oh no worries, it's just something that everyone wants to try when they come to PGH. Scratch it off their bucket list :)