Any suggestions on accessories

ttmil

I have a D3100 with the kit 18-55 lense and a an AF-S DX VR zoom-Nikkor 55-200 f/4-5.6G lens. I am shooting our local high school football games and just getting into photography for fun. Am thinking the money I make for submitting pictures to our local newspaper I ought to reinvest in camera goodies. So I am looking for suggestions on accessories that I should add. Any suggestions? Also, am wondering if there is a lens that is better for shooting sports and action shots than the one that I have? Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated. Also, if you suggest anything, I would appreciate if you know of a good place to purchase it, that you include that.

Last edited by a moderator:

jengajoh

I think what you have is good for sports, I use my 55-300 for baseball games and that works great for me. Other than football games what do you like to shoot for fun? A flash is always a good thing to have as well as a tripod. For lenses and accessories I like www.bhphotovideo.com I am sure others will come along with answers as well.

M.Hinch

Lets see, a sturdy monopod, a 70-200 f2.8 lens with a 1.4 teleconverter. Along with the tripod that jen suggested a wireless remote, extra battery and extra memory cards as they will fill up quick, depending on there size. And filters to at least protect the lenses.

Michael

Last edited: