Importing raw files into LR 5.7

Allen

So the good news is that I just received my refurbished 7200 with 18-140 lens.
The bad is after taking some sample shots to check it out, they won't import into my version of LR.

After some web searching, there doesn't seem to be a clear solution short of investing in LRCC, which I am not ready to do.
I did see some early hacks, but I hope after a year there is something that is more straight forward.

Do I need to just purchase LR 6.x upgrade?
If not....help....lol.

Horoscope Fish

So the good news is that I just received my refurbished 7200 with 18-140 lens.
The bad is after taking some sample shots to check it out, they won't import into my version of LR.

After some web searching, there doesn't seem to be a clear solution short of investing in LRCC, which I am not ready to do.
I did see some early hacks, but I hope after a year there is something that is more straight forward.

Do I need to just purchase LR 6.x upgrade?
If not....help....lol.
In short, yes; you'll either need to upgrade to Lr v6.x or you'll need to get on-board with Creative Cloud.

Previous versions of Lr/Adobe Camera Raw simply don't have the required raw-file support for the D7200. I suppose you could convert your D7200's raw files to .DNG as a work around if you want, but I'm not too hot on the whole .DNG format, personally.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Another option would be to <gasp> use View NX-i and Capture NX-d for import and initial adjustments and I'm assuming, because I have never used LR, do final tweaking of the exported Jpeg. Not ideal, I know, but just another thought as I am sitting here hoping to get some rain in this desert that desperately needs it.

Allen

Thanks guys....I bit the bullet and bought the upgrade.
Now I am fighting with it to get it installed....<sigh>