Quick release strap

Mike Adams

I spend much of my time with the camera on a copy stand, and don't want the carrying strap getting in the way. Any advice on a good strap that a releases quickly?

thanks

Horoscope Fish

I spend much of my time with the camera on a copy stand, and don't want the carrying strap getting in the way. Any advice on a good strap that a releases quickly?

thanks
Camera straps, in my opinion, are much like camera bags: there are almost too many options and what might be a great feature to one photographer, is the next photographers deal breaker. Do you prefer a strap that mounts to the strap lugs on the body or one that uses the tripod mount? Do you care? Do you have a preference for a neck strap vs shoulder/sling strap?

I'll toss out that I love my Joby Ultrafit Sling Strap but I'm sure it's not everyone's proverbial cup of tea.

nickt

I really like the op/tech family straps that nikonpup linked to above. Unfortunately their website is absolutely horrible for figuring out what you need for a quick detachable sytem. I can't readily find what I have to show you but it's all based around these being left on the camera:
Uni Loop - System Connector | OP/TECH USA
I have a neck strap, shoulder sling, and a wrist strap and freely move them between my cameras as needed. I just leave the snap loops I linked above on each camera.

Edit: It took me 30 seconds on B&H to find what I have:

OP/TECH USA Super Classic Strap-Uni Loop (Black) 1001062 B&H

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap-Sling (Black) 3501242 B&H Photo Video

OP/TECH USA SLR Wrist Strap (Black) 6701062 B&H Photo Video

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

I have 4 straps with these on them, and the rings on every camera. Take the strap off, clip it to my belt, or clip it to itself and wear it around my neck. Easy and very inexpensive. Clips from Tractor Supply, rings from Michaels.

StrapQuickRelease.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Cheap, effective, solid (hasn't failed in 2 years) and nothing hanging from the side of the camera. Only thing is the occasional jingle of the ring.

I have been thinking of making custom straps for my camersa and had that same idea for fasteners. My fear was that the snap hook would be rough on the camera body over time. Have you found it to cause any wear or scarring?

nickt

I have been thinking of making custom straps for my camersa and had that same idea for fasteners. My fear was that the snap hook would be rough on the camera body over time. Have you found it to cause any wear or scarring?

I've seen this type of clip in plastic. I searched "plastic swivel eye snap hook" on Amazon and found all kinds. I stumbled on these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XKM85C...TF8&colid=2IKOW8PPF9FHF&coliid=I39N68R81OFLW7
Hard to believe these particular ones would have enough quality to trust holding a camera. I'll know next week if they are junk, lol. I thought of a non-camera use for these so I grabbed a bag.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@nickt I don't think I want to trust plastic for my camera carry either. Ha! I have thought of using a leather "button" with a slit placed over the split ring/strap hanger to pad between the snap hook and the camera body.

BackdoorArts

I wouldn't trust plastic for a second, that's why I don't like the Op/Tech stuff. I don't want $4000 worth of camera and lens relying on a pair of plastic snap locks that I may not be certain seated themselves properly the last time I reconnected them (I've had that happen enough on other things to know it can happen).

The only place I potentially worry about the metal is on the the right side where it can flap over and onto the top screen, but I have a protector on there so I actually don't worry at all. They've lived on my D750 since I got it and you could never tell. No scuffs or dings.

Shoknaw

Danno

Everyone has a favorite strap. I use Peak Design. I like it because it is a sure connection and the loops are extremely strong. According to Peak Design's website they can hold 200 lbs each. It is also pretty comfortable to carry in a number of configurations.

I have an ARCA Swiss plate on the bottom that I have two tabs attached to and the standard anchors at the top. They do not interfere with my tripod or monopod.

https://www.amazon.com/Peak-Design-...F8&qid=1472212274&sr=1-6&keywords=peak+design

20160826_074741.jpg

Deezey

I also use the Peak Design strap system. They claim to hold 200 lbs. and I can attest that they will. The strap itself is basically a car seatbelt. Pretty wide with one side being slick and the other with waves of silicone beading for more shoulder grip if needed. I also use their belt clip with the strap to lock the camera in place at my hip when hiking. It's an awesome combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk