Stormy Lighthouse

Chris@sabor

Cool shot. That said, for me, the subject is too small and the photo underexposed. I would do a serious crop and raise the exposure. Great capture.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I agree with the crop comment. The subject is quite small, but the shot is a good capture. I'm not sure if I would change the exposure. I would have to play with it to see what I liked best visually. It is one where changing the exposure would probably also play with the colors and I'm not sure how I would like it. Ha!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Yes, I like the flikr version for the colors and exposure, but still think I would have to play with the crop some. Ha!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
The lighthouse it too bright for me considering the intensity of the sky's darkness. Where is the light coming from to illuminate the lighthouse? I'd like to see the sky's exposure raised or throw the lighthouse into the shadows. The rocks making up the jetty also appear to be lit from above because their sides are darker. The lighting doesn't appear to be genuine because of the post processing. Sorry. I like the image but would prefer some different editing.

nikonpup

the lighthouse it too bright for me considering the intensity of the sky's darkness. Where is the light coming from to illuminate the lighthouse? I'd like to see the sky's exposure raised or throw the lighthouse into the shadows. The rocks making up the jetty also appear to be lit from above because their sides are darker. The lighting doesn't appear to be genuine because of the post processing. Sorry. I like the image but would prefer some different editing.
jetty appears fine to me, the dark rocks show the tide line. If you view from a raised angle the sky becomes lighter on my monitor (i like). i would remove or crop out the boats (editing changed mast color).

Last edited:

Stoshowicz

I like the moody expansiveness of the sky,and sense of space ,Cropping in to have a bigger lightning strike, would change the subject.
Rather than shift the whole "exposure" I might try lifting the highlights just a little, but if the moodiness went away , Id leave it as is,, to satisfy myself rather than change the photo.
Is an engaging pic to me , and I'd be happy with it- like so.