D100 issue..

James Q

When I take a pic sometimes it can take nearly a minute to show the pic on the LCD screen, sometimes it will only take a few seconds. I currently use a 8gb CF card, could the card be too big?
Also when using the AF when the pic is in focus and shutter pressed it wont take the pic unless the shutter is pressed down for say 5/7 seconds. This doesnt happen all the time but annoying when it does, never does it when manual focusing.
I know its an old camera but any help would be great.

jtgraphics

I'm not sure if I can be of any help but have a few questions or suggestions,
I have a D100 still in my bag, great camera for it's times.
As far as using an 8GB card it could be an issue since at the time the D100 came out 1GB cards were quite new then also, I suggest you try a 1GB or smaller card just to test write speed.
And as for the shutter taking long what mode are you shooting it on?
About the only time I've ever had something like that is when the camera is not in focus it will not trip the shutter.
If you are in C mode try it in S mode so that when you press the shutter it locks focus and press to shoot. In C mode if the lens is hunting for focus it will not take the shot till it lock in this could be the lag you are having. If it is that issue could be a couple of things body or lens.

James Q

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have put a 2gb cf card in and writing speed is much better! On the other situation AFter taking ore pics in both manual and auto seems just does it when cant find something to fucos on, so have to choose a subject better and not make it too busy!

jtgraphics

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have put a 2gb cf card in and writing speed is much better! On the other situation AFter taking ore pics in both manual and auto seems just does it when cant find something to fucos on, so have to choose a subject better and not make it too busy!

Try Single (S) mode if you can take shots it will release shutter much faster if your lens can focus fast enough, I used all AF-S lens which focus much faster than the non AF-S models.
I've taken hundreds of fast action shots with the D100 it was and still is a great body for its time, I'll still pull it out sometimes.