Lightroom problems

Scott Murray

I have updated my Lightroom CC and it has slowed right down, sometimes even hanging to the extent of my having to 'force quit' it.
After some research there are alot of others having similar issue, some recommend rolling LR CC back which I have tried but it will not let me.

So for now it takes me forever to do anything.

Not happy.

I have disabled GPU and as you can see just syncing some photos uses alot of CPU power.

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 3.32.37 PM.png

Blacktop

I have updated my Lightroom CC and it has slowed right down, sometimes even hanging to the extent of my having to 'force quit' it.
After some research there are alot of others having similar issue, some recommend rolling LR CC back which I have tried but it will not let me.

So for now it takes me forever to do anything.

Not happy.

I have disabled GPU and as you can see just syncing some photos uses alot of CPU power.

View attachment 218966

I had the same problem after the latest update. As a matter of fact, it seems to slow down after every update, but this latest one really came to a crawl. I replaced my HD with a SSD and seemed to help.
The way LR is heading, pretty soon we will need NASA processing power just to run it.

BackdoorArts

I'm too deep into insomnia to remember where this stuff is on the 'net, but I remember something about disabling the Use Graphics Processor in the preferences, and also allocating some astronomical amount of memory in the File Handling tab (more than what you actually have). Also, make sure your hard disk has at least 20% free space.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Sorry to hear about your problem, Scott. I rarely use Lightroom so I've skipped at least the past couple of updates to it. Hope you are able to find the settings Jake mentioned to help alleviate your situation.

BackdoorArts

Can't find the original article, but the gist is 1) uncheck the Use Graphics Processor option (it's a complete failure on LR's part), and 2) allocate as much cache as possible on the fastest drive possible, but make sure you have twice that space available on the drive. If you've got minimal room on your hard disk then you're going to spend all your time swapping stuff around in cache and it will slow you down.

paul04

Can't find the original article, but the gist is 1) uncheck the Use Graphics Processor option (it's a complete failure on LR's part), and 2) allocate as much cache as possible on the fastest drive possible, but make sure you have twice that space available on the drive. If you've got minimal room on your hard disk then you're going to spend all your time swapping stuff around in cache and it will slow you down.

I've just found this link, which might help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Another one

5 Tricks to Improve Adobe Lightroom CC Performance

Last edited: