Can't Get NIK To Install

Radioactive

Hello,
I am running Windows 10 and Photoshop CC 2015.5. I tried installing the Google NIK plugin to no avail. It will install for about 2 seconds and then I get a message that NIK is preventing the computer from shutting down. If I click "cancel" I go back to the installation page but it is frozen at about 70 percent. Any help in loading this plug-in would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Radioactive

Hello,
I am running Windows 10 and Photoshop CC 2015.5. I tried installing the Google NIK plugin to no avail. It will install for about 2 seconds and then I get a message that NIK is preventing the computer from shutting down. If I click "cancel" I go back to the installation page but it is frozen at about 70 percent. Any help in loading this plug-in would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

mikew_RIP

Have you tried a fresh download of nik,you never know there might be an error in the one you have.

Every time mine freezes i find Adobe have changed the graphic processor setting.

Go to preferences, its at the bottom of your edit drop down,choose performance and make sure use graphic processor is un ticked

Danno

I am running Windows 10. When I did the latest PS update it wiped out all my plugins. I was able to install all but NIK. I went to the NIK site and just reinstalled the program. That worked for me.

paul04

Uninstall nik collections, and have a look in programme files to make sure the google(nik collection)folder has gone as well, if not just right click and delete it,

Restart your PC, and download a new nik collections, then install it,

Radioactive

Hello.
I have tried downloading directly from the NIK site to no avail. I feel I must go into the registry but I hesitate because I have done this in the past with really irritating results. Thank you all for your help.
Bill