Nikon 24 2,8 on 7200 ???

Borga Voffe

I jumped on a used 24 2.8 :)

My gear ( 7200 and) tokina 12-28, is so heavy that I want to leave the lens at home, when walking 16hrs in the mouintains, just bringing the 40 macro

my 40mm macro is used to shoot the flowers, but I needed a similar weight/ size for them landscapes --- when I am leavin the tokina at home.

Was this unwise? I still can return the lens.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a very lightweight lens and will work well for landscapes since your Tokina is so heavy. Your Tokina is an f/4, isn't it? Having an f/2.8 aperture will allow in more light during dusk. The 24mm and your 40mm will serve you well.

Danno

I think that the 24 28 is a good lens, but I think you might miss the 12mm on those landscape shots with the D7200, but that is just may be my preference. I really like the wide angle for landscape shots, especially on my D7200

Borga Voffe

This beloved photo, taken a fw days ago, is everything y all need to know about my prefs in the long walks. Cant get these w out Tokina or that nikorr wide I reckon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Borga Voffe

This is Jørunhålet Mountain. Yesterday, July 6th I am soo happy with this picture, its handheld and its eight in the evening.
I wonder, this is 18-140 Nikkor at 24 mm -- will this 24 be the same as the 24 mm prime
I am about to get?

jorunnh.jpg

Horoscope Fish

This is Jørunhålet Mountain. Yesterday, July 6th I am soo happy with this picture, its handheld and its eight in the evening.
I wonder, this is 18-140 Nikkor at 24 mm -- will this 24 be the same as the 24 mm prime I am about to get?
Well that depends on what you mean by "the same"... The framing will look the same between the two lenses, when the 18-140mm is set to 24mm, because both lenses will be using the same 24mm focal length on a DX body.