Battery life

Danno

I had to go through two or three charging cycles to get the full life but it is quite impressive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nickt

I'm very happy with mine. I know it's advertised as improved over the d7100, but they are both great and I really can't see a difference. I could go a month or more the way I shoot. I have image review turned off, so I get even more out of them. The only thing that kills them quickly is when I set up on the bird feeder and use the remote. 90 minutes or so of keeping the remote awake will run it down pretty low. Enjoy.

Ruidoso Bill

My experience is the Nikon OEM batteries work best, I have tried different 3rd party and none perform as well as the Nikon batteries, wish it wasn't so but in this case you get what you pay for.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
My experience is the Nikon OEM batteries work best, I have tried different 3rd party and none perform as well as the Nikon batteries, wish it wasn't so but in this case you get what you pay for.
I have to agree with this statement. I got 2 third party batteries for my Df and at best, they can be used for backup. They never give me the performance of the Nikon ones.

I have both OEM and 3rd party batteries that I share between my D7100 (wife) and D750 and have never seen any difference but I use fresh batteries each day I shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxBlake

I am pleased with this camera across the board, battery life included. It sure is a far cry from the Nikon D70, which got me started into digital photography.

Horoscope Fish

I have both OEM and 3rd party batteries that I share between my D7100 (wife) and D750 and have never seen any difference but I use fresh batteries each day I shoot
I have one OEM and two 3rd party batteries, and like Don, I've never seen any difference.
I use third-party batteries as well and, like Don and Paul, I don't see any performance difference between them... But then I too keep camera batteries fully-charged on the regular. In my opinion this is a good habit to develop, just generally speaking.

Ruidoso Bill

I think it may be how we use our equipment, I will probably shoot 1000 clicks on heavy days, using plugged in wireless shutter controls and wireless flash triggers plus always using live view and I assume they all take some power. I carry two extra batteries in my pocket to get through a morning. Major difference than when on vacation and shooting several hundred in a day. Try clicking off 1-2 K in a day and tell me how well the 3rd party do, shoot several hours of video (continuous) and compare for yourself, 3rd party are cheaper for a very good reason. If they serve your needs then by all means do what's best for you, I have learned what works best for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: