LiveView

Squaredoch

Hello, I apologise in advance if this is not the right forum but my question is not camera specific so i thought this would be a good place to ask.
Yesterday when shooting some bird shots, I left my D750 on live view for a fairly long time, say 20 minutes. During this time I found the camera getting warm so I then stopped using Liveview. My question is when using Liveview for long periods does that damage the sensor and will the camera heating likely cause any problems?
Thanks
Mike

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@Squaredoch

I found this on the D7100 when I googled Live View cautions:

• Using Live View for an extended period can harm your pictures and the camera. In Live View mode, the camera heats up more than usual, and that extra heat can create the right conditions for noise, a defect that gives your pictures a speckled look. More important, the increased temperatures can damage the camera.
    For that reason, Live View is automatically disabled if the camera detects a critical heat level, regardless of the Monitor Off Delay setting.

On the D7100 there is in the menu a place to set the time that the Live View will stay on. It can be set for a few minutes to 30 minutes or even to disable the shut down time. You might check your camera to see what it is set at. The menu item is under Monitor Off Delay > Live View

Last edited: