My wife and I went to our zoo yesterday...................

STM

It was really her first photographic foray using the gear I got her last year for our anniversary. She did take some good photos!

I don't know why I bothered to take along all of the gear I did, the only two lenses I used were the 300mm f/2.8 and 600mm f/4. Most of the time I was shooting through wire but with the long focal length lenses that minimizes it. It is not a large zoo, only about 50 acres or so, but we do have the largest gorilla currently in captivity at 600 pounds. It was hot and he was sitting in the shade and there was this damn hammock in the way but I still managed to get a decent shot of him.

LGH_0127.jpgLGH_0139.jpgLGH_0144.jpgLGH_0154.jpgLGH_0177.jpgLGH_0211.jpgLGH_0229.jpg

Attachments

• LGH_0196.jpg
    LGH_0196.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 61
  • LGH_0208.jpg
    LGH_0208.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

STM

This is a pretty tight crop of the flamingo. Our state bird is the common mockingbird. Really? A bird with the name COMMON in it? Boooooooring!!! The Flamingo is a bird that if most often associated with our Sunshine State. They are very colorful and gorgeous birds. Why in the hell do we have a common as dirt, boring bird when we could have this:

LGH_0127-2.jpg

Blacktop

It was really her first photographic foray using the gear I got her last year for our anniversary. She did take some good photos!

I don't know why I bothered to take along all of the gear I did, the only two lenses I used were the 300mm f/2.8 and 600mm f/4. Most of the time I was shooting through wire but with the long focal length lenses that minimizes it. It is not a large zoo, only about 50 acres or so, but we do have the largest gorilla currently in captivity at 600 pounds. It was hot and he was sitting in the shade and there was this damn hammock in the way but I still managed to get a decent shot of him.

View attachment 217531View attachment 217532View attachment 217533View attachment 217534View attachment 217535View attachment 217536View attachment 217537
Lo

ve the shots Scott!:encouragement:
Nice to see you shoot with something other then film once in a while!:cool:

We have a nice zoo here that I really enjoy going to. When then weather is nice I go about once a week or so. Great place to walk and get some exercise and once in a while I get a really good, interesting photo.

these shots are nice. I really like the sleeping male lion.

Blacktop

We have a nice zoo here that I really enjoy going to. When then weather is nice I go about once a week or so. Great place to walk and get some exercise and once in a while I get a really good, interesting photo.

That one is my favorite as well.:encouragement:

STM

The sleeping male lion is my favorite too. He filled the frame almost perfectly with the 600mm. I tried to get him to open his eyes by whistling and making other sounds to get his attention but all he did was open them half way as if to say "can't you see I am trying to take a nap?" and closed them again. The lioness was much more active but I got a couple of her napping too. Being Queen of the Jungle can be pretty tiring business too I guess.