Sometimes Nikon Doesn't Make You Buy One For Each

BackdoorArts

I just wanted to say that I'm extremely pleased that the tripod foot for my 70-200mm f4 also fits the latest 300mm f4 PF. It's a light enough lens that you really don't need a foot on it, so I never looked at which foot it uses, so I was pleasantly surprised when I received it and said, "Hmmmm, I wonder if the foot I have fits?"

And wow is the 300mm f4 an awesome lens!! Fast, fast focusing, sharp as a razor, and you can carry it around all day without even thinking about it. Worth every penny.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just don't do what I did once. I have a Think Tank holster for my Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 that fits with the body attached. Unfortunately I have to remove the tripod foot in order to get it to fit. So I accidentally left the foot in the living room but didn't find out until I got to church where I was going to shoot. I managed to attach the tripod plate directly to the collar where the foot should screw in, but there was quite a bit of wobble present. I made sure not to move the lens from its position (from horizontal to vertical) because I didn't want to break the tripod screw. Never again! ;)