Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM OS

Peekcha

I have been eyeing this lens for quiet some time. I'm in no position to buy the nikon 70-200 f2.8 so I was wondering does anyone here have any experience with it?

M.Hinch

I puchased one a while back, but haven't had much time to use it. Soft around the edges at 200mm. Occasionally also the focus searches at 200mm. But for the price I can live with these things. I also picked up the Kenko 1.4 teleconverter and it works fine with it, if you where ever interested.In my gallery the pic with the mother bird feeding the baby bird was taken with it. If there is anything else I can help you out with, feel free to ask.

Michael

dusktildawn

I own this lens as well and have been using it for about 6 months now, I love this lens and for the price that I paid for it compared to a Nikon VR I thought it was more than reasonable. This lens was my first Nikon compatible lens that I purchased and paired it with a Nikon D90.
I thought it produced really nice creamy bokeh and was very sharp @ f4, the OS is also quite handy in low light situation.

pedroj

You can also have a look at Nikons 80-200mm F2.8 AF ED...I have this lens and wouldn't swap it...

Aperture F5.6...Shutter 1/1000...ISO 400...Focal length 125mm...MotoX Here is an example...

_LCW5226.jpg

dusktildawn

You can also have a look at Nikons 80-200mm F2.8 AF ED...I have this lens and wouldn't swap it...

You know I've seen a few of these go for sale locally in Sydney on the second hand market and seen it go for as low as $600 which I thought was an absolute steal.

I considered the 80-200 f/2.8 when i was looking for a zoom lens but unfortunately at the time when I "must have" it, I couldn't find one.