Memory card access lamp blinking and battery drain

Vineethkn

I got a brand new D3300 one week back. Two days back I noticed that the memory card access lamp keeps blinking when the camera is turned off. Tried removing the memory card. The blinking stopped, but discovered that the battery drains off in 4-5 hours even though the camera is turned off. I did a bit of google search on the issue and came accross Blinking green light of death issue (BGLoD) in Nikon cameras. The symptoms are more or less similar to BGLoD in my case.

Can anyone in the forum who has faced similar issue in the past explain what exactly the problem is and how it can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Vineeth K.N.

Horoscope Fish

I got a brand new D3300 one week back. Two days back I noticed that the memory card access lamp keeps blinking when the camera is turned off. Tried removing the memory card. The blinking stopped, but discovered that the battery drains off in 4-5 hours even though the camera is turned off. I did a bit of google search on the issue and came accross Blinking green light of death issue (BGLoD) in Nikon cameras. The symptoms are more or less similar to BGLoD in my case.

Can anyone in the forum who has faced similar issue in the past explain what exactly the problem is and how it can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Vineeth K.N.
I'm going to preface this by saying what I am about to suggest is probably not going to work, so don't get your hopes up. Now, that being said, what I have seen solve this problem before is turning the camera on and the pushing the Power switch all the way over the lightbulb icon and then simply letting go of the switch so it springs back the normal position under its own power. Try doing this a few times. It sounds stupid but it's worked for a few people I know of.

If still no joy you are probably looking at sending your camera back to the Nikon mother-ship for repair.

paul04

Welcome to the website,

Try what horoscope fish said about the power switch, its worth a try, if not I would send it back for repair.