Polarizing filter for D3100, 18-55 mm kit lense and 55-200 mm AF-VR lense

Sagar

Polarizing filter for D3100, 18-55 mm kit lens and 55-200 mm AF-VR lens

Hi,

I am comparatively new in photography and got my D3100 few months back.
Please, suggest me some good polarizing filters I can use with my kit lens as well as 55-200 mm lens.

How to make the subject as well as the background both focused? Is it possible ?

I feel, once I move from manual focus to auto focus, the auto focus does not work with 100% focused, specially when it is fully zoomed. Is it really a fault with the lens motor ? Is there any way around ?

Last edited:

Will V|Photography

To get fore- and background in focus you'll just have to use a slow (high) aperture. I just received a 5 piece filter kit from either Amazon or Linkdelight that came with a CPL and I love it. The glass on the CPL is separate from the threaded part so when the camera focuses you can hold the outer ring and it'll stay where you want it while the motor turns the focus ring.

jtkpenguin

"I just received a 5 piece filter kit from either Amazon or Linkdelight that came with a CPL and I love it. The glass on the CPL is separate from the threaded part so when the camera focuses you can hold the outer ring and it'll stay where you want it while the motor turns the focus ring."

Would love to know what exactly this kit is & what a CPL is,too, & if you've a link, that would be brilliant. Thanks in anticipation....

Tina

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

"I just received a 5 piece filter kit from either Amazon or Linkdelight that came with a CPL and I love it. The glass on the CPL is separate from the threaded part so when the camera focuses you can hold the outer ring and it'll stay where you want it while the motor turns the focus ring."

Would love to know what exactly this kit is & what a CPL is,too, & if you've a link, that would be brilliant. Thanks in anticipation....

Tina

A CPL is a Circular Polarizing Lens. :)

Will V|Photography

Absolutely! As Jack said, its a Circular Polarizing Lens. There are generally 2 types of polarizing lenses (filters) you can get for your camera: CPL (aka CPF) and LPL (aka LPF, Linear Polarizing Lens or Filter). It would be a lengthy type but check out this link for a more in-depth read: All about Polarizers - Linear and Circular

The filter kit I bought is made my Opteka and comes with a UV, CPL, ND4 (read here for more info on ND filters), Fluorescent, a 10x Macro, and a nice little case.

$20 here.
$63 at Sears :rolleyes: