Any chance of Mirrorless FX and current lenses and Speedlights?

Blade Canyon

There have been some used Sony A7ii's floating around my market lately. Very tempting, but I already have full Nikon kit with lenses and speedlights, including old manual-focus lenses.

Is there any chance someone (Nikon!) will produce a mirrorless FX body that accepts the current Nikon mount AF or MF lenses and speedlights? All in a smaller body? Maybe it already exists and I don't know?

I recall a recent thread where someone's local camera store advised Nikon was about to go hard into mirrorless FX.

mikew_RIP

There have been some used Sony A7ii's floating around my market lately. Very tempting, but I already have full Nikon kit with lenses and speedlights, including old manual-focus lenses.

Is there any chance someone (Nikon!) will produce a mirrorless FX body that accepts the current Nikon mount AF or MF lenses and speedlights? All in a smaller body? Maybe it already exists and I don't know?

I recall a recent thread where someone's local camera store advised Nikon was about to go hard into mirrorless FX.

That was the rumor but then this hit the news,who knows now where they will see the most profit

Nikon has started massive cost cutting measures all over the world | Nikon Rumors

skene

I think that they are at a standstill due to the earthquake affecting a lot of their business. So to minimalize losses, they are cutting back on regions where Nikon is not as strong. While it will make an impact on some of these local locations, it does make sense to centralize a lot of their business and focus in on the regions where they are stronger to supply ROW.

mikew_RIP

That is never a good sign, regardless of the cause. Hopefully product development will not suffer, but it is usually the hardest hit when cost reductions are king.

I would think with companies like Nikon its all to do with face,things must be a bit tight to say the least for them to do these things.

Blade Canyon

I've been thinking more about the physics of this idea, and even a mirrorless body with an FX sensor would need the same distance from sensor to lens.

Rick M

I've been thinking more about the physics of this idea, and even a mirrorless body with an FX sensor would need the same distance from sensor to lens.

You'd probably need an adapter to maintain the distance to sensor with DSLR lenses. Lack of the mirror flipping allows the mirrorless sensor to be closer to the lens.