Lightroom/PhotoShop "rental" questions

Ta2Dave

So I'm thinking about getting into LR and PS. There is the LR version for $175 but I don't know if that includes Photoshop with it, and then there is the pay $9.99 monthly, and I believe it's both. Which would be the better option? What are the main differences in the two versions?

Thanks!

The retail version of lightroom is just lightroom. NO PHOTOSHOP

AS far as I know there is no retail version of Photoshop available. You really want the 9.99 a month version of LR anyway. It keeps up to date and does include more features than the retail version and it also gets all the updates and the retail version does not.

Ta2Dave

I just don't want to end up doing to much ya know? I think a photo should stand on it's own...with minimal effects. When does a photo stop being a photo and become something else?

Danno

That's the nice thing about NIK. It's good for noise reduction with define and touching up with Viveza and good B&W efforts in silver effects. Pretty subtle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

I just don't want to end up doing to much ya know? I think a photo should stand on it's own...with minimal effects. When does a photo stop being a photo and become something else?
No simple answer to that question...

This is "One of Those Things" and we all have to decide for ourselves what kind of editing, and how much of it, is okay.

Ta2Dave

015.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of it...