Profiles in Lightroom CC

kevy73

Hey all - can't figure out something in LR and am hoping someone may have an idea on here....

I process all my images in LR. On import I apply a tweaked VSCO preset.

When I edit an image taken on my D4 the profile dropdown at the bottom has a whole host of profiles to choose from - it marries up to the VSCO presets I have installed. See pic 1....

When I edit a pic taken on the D750 I get Nikons standard in camera presets only.... see pic 2...

Is this because VSCO doesn't recognise the D750 or something to do with LR?

Any idea's peoples?

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 3.51.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-19 at 3.51.36 PM.png

kevy73

Oh VSCO is the bomb! I love it.

I have the latest LR CC, just updated it last night to see if that was the issue... hmmmm

Horoscope Fish

Hey all - can't figure out something in LR and am hoping someone may have an idea on here....

I process all my images in LR. On import I apply a tweaked VSCO preset.

When I edit an image taken on my D4 the profile dropdown at the bottom has a whole host of profiles to choose from - it marries up to the VSCO presets I have installed. See pic 1....

When I edit a pic taken on the D750 I get Nikons standard in camera presets only.... see pic 2...

Is this because VSCO doesn't recognise the D750 or something to do with LR?

Any idea's peoples?
VSCO releases regular updates to their software that include new body profiles. I'm guessing at this point in time the D750 isn't yet included. To update your profiles you have log in to your account and re-install your film packs. If you've done that already, and the D750 is still not showing up, then I'd say you're playing the waiting game.

kevy73

VSCO releases regular updates to their software that include new body profiles. I'm guessing at this point in time the D750 isn't yet included. To update your profiles you have log in to your account and re-install your film packs. If you've done that already, and the D750 is still not showing up, then I'd say you're playing the waiting game.

You hit the nail on the head...
This from VSCO Support.

Hey Kevin,
Thanks so much for reaching out to us here at VSCO Support!
I would like to explain what you maybe experiencing. When new cameras are released to market, Adobe will update Lightroom and ACR to reflect the cameras' profiles. Since VSCO uses these profiles to create the VSCO Film presets, we have to provide updates to our presets.
In order for the VSCO Film presets to work correctly on your camera, you will need to re-download your VSCO Film packs from our website.
To locate your products and license keys first log in at vsco.co. Click on the settings wheel next to your name, then select My Products. Choose the "FILM" icon to be taken to your VSCO Film manager page, and the "KEYS" icon to go to your VSCO Keys Manager. Here you will see your available products & their coordinating license key. You have the option to download the Windows installer as well as the Mac installer.