New D7200 owner

andythilo

Hi

Dabbled with DSL in previous years but not had a camera for the last 8 years. First was a Canon 300D, the I got the Nikon bug. Had a D70, D50 and D200.

Decided couple of days ago that I wanted a camera again to complement my Phantom 4K drone when out and about. Initially I was a bit confused at the product lines but then settled on a D5300. Then felt a 5500 would be a better choice.

I'm a big guy with big hands so a small camera was a concern so pricing things up realised a 7200 with the 18-105 would be possible. Picked it up today and wow. Feels amazing, well built and substantial in my hands. The lens will do for a while until I really get used to the camera and then I can look at better glass.

I've ordered a 64 Sandisk Extreme Pro card and a couple of Hoya pro filters, a protective and CPL. Charging the battery now and will have a play with the daunting amount of functions.

Anyhoo, that's me lol. Hope to pick up lots of tips and tricks. Taking it out tomorrow to banger racing so can practice there

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danno

Congratulations on the new kit. It is a nice camera. Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful folks here. It is good to go and fill in your profile. Enjoy your new D7200.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Danino

Welcome here, what is your location. You will enjoy your new D7200, I would recommend watching a few Youtube videos on setting up as there is quite a lot to take in:)

MaxBlake

Looks like a great package, Andy. Congratulations on an excellent choice. You'll be amazed at the quality photographs that your D7200 will produce. I, too, had a D70, not all that long ago, and decided on seeing first-hand the various Nikon developments in the intervening years: D3300, D5500, and then D7200, which I think will be a final stop for a good long time. It's like stepping up to the big time.