No Time Lapse in Manual Mode

marcspeth

I tried doing a time lapse with my new D7200 for the first time and I was getting very noticeable exposure "flicker"

Reading on the web said to avoid this by setting your camera to Manual mode so that you can set everything to static settings. Especially the ISO setting.

But when I set my camera to Manual mode the Time Lapse option is ghosted and the camera tells me "this option is not available at current settings"

So what am I doing wrong? How can I do time lapse photography in manual mode to avoid the 'flicker' problem?

marcspeth

I tried switching to just RAW and switching to MANUAL mode ... no success. time-lapse is still ghosted.

So I tried switching to just JPEG ... same result ... time-lapse is still ghosted

marcspeth

OK now I'm REALLY pulling out my hair ... I tried changing cropping from DX to 1.3 ... and time-lapse became available (not ghosted) ... so to confirm it I changed the cropping back to DX ... and time-lapse is STILL AVAILABLE!

So now it's working as expected .... but I don't KNOW what solved the problem!

marcspeth

But 8to300 ... thank you .... I think you hit it. As I was reviewing my settings I noticed that bracketing was turned on (although I don't remember ever having turning it on - I mean I was taking photos earlier and bracketing was not on) .... sorry, I didn't mean to get sidetracked ...

Anyway, with bracketing turned off it's working. I can use time-lapse in manual mode.

So the only thing I can guess is that I accidentally turned on bracketing and that was the problem.