NewbeSt

duehew

Hi, thanks for letting me join the group. Years ago I used a Minolta XG-7 and used it a fair bit. Have been away for several years and was going to get out the Minolta and start using it again but found film hard to find and most places quit processing it. I decided to get the Nikon D3200 as it was cheaper than the D3300 and was not that much different for what I needed. I have been enjoying taking pictures since. Have been learning a lot about what to do and what not to do. I quit using Auto right away and started using Program mode. Wanting to get into Manual the other day I took a class here at Norman Camera and it was very helpful. Still have loads to learn and having fun. Once again, thanks for letting me join. :cheerful:

Du

Elliot87

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of helpful friendly folk here.

I started with the D3200 and it helped to get me hooked, good little camera.

RON_RIP

Welcome aboard. Glad to see your taking classes. As photography grows on you you will want to know more and more. This is an excellent site to help you grow your talent.

duehew

Thank you all for your welcome's. I have loads to learn and have been watching many YouTube video's. Tons of information there.

MaxBlake

Greetings from Oregon. The D3200 is a nice camera and a good one to pick up and hone your skills with. Enjoy your time here. It's a great place to learn.

Fortkentdad

Welcome

Great to see someone ready to get out of 'auto-everything' right away.

The "A" mode is often the transition mode, learn to use the aperture to your advantage and let the camera set the speed. Works well for most things except where you need a very fast shutter, e.g. fast moving objects. I've been stuck in aperture priority for a long time though and just started to play in full "M" mode now.

Welcome to the forum. I started with film many decades ago but moved to Digital a few years ago with the D3100. Think of it as a gateway drug. It is addictive.

Now lets see some photos.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Welcome to the forum. I don't think you can ever stop learning new stuff on this site. Sometimes it's even useful information. Ha!