Function button query

gaddypaid

Had my camera set up great the way i wanted , then a firmware update was introduced i thought i saved the settings but nothing was saved .I managed to get most of them back.
I had the PV or FN to show my battery status , how much percentage was left etc, but now forgot how i did it. I went into the assign button options but they were very limited. I looked in my manual and you tube but got no joy.

Danno

Had my camera set up great the way i wanted , then a firmware update was introduced i thought i saved the settings but nothing was saved .I managed to get most of them back.
I had the PV or FN to show my battery status , how much percentage was left etc, but now forgot how i did it. I went into the assign button options but they were very limited. I looked in my manual and you tube but got no joy.

Boy that would be upsetting. I did the update and did not loose anything. You have to love software.

nickt

I've haven't lost anything yet with a camera firmware update. Maybe the OP tried this and it didn't work out for some reason, but I'll mention it for anybody else. You can save everything to an sd card just in case. Good to carry this in your bag in case you ever have to resort to a camera reset and don't want to think too hard to get it back just the way you like.

Look under settings menu for 'save/load settings'. This will save all camera settings including U1/U2 to card 1. Do not confuse this menu item with the 'save user settings' which is a few items above 'save/load settings' in the setup menu. If you have successfully saved the camera settings, the Load Settings item will become un-grayed.

If you have an obsolete tiny capacity sd card kicking around, this is a good use for it because this backup will disappear next time you format the card. I had a few 32MB cards kicking around.

gaddypaid

still no joy tried assigning the fn button, what am i doing wrong,
MENU- CUSTOM SETTING MENU - CONTROLS -ASSIGN FN BUTTON -PRESS-MY MENU
then pressed ok which bought me back to the controls page with no change.
When i look back into the FN assign button the MY MENU is chosen but wont access anything.
i will keep searching.
f0415-01.jpg

just found this picture that the image on the left is the page that im trying to get to. The image on the right (recent settings) is the page i get. As you can see the tabs on both are the same.

Last edited:

gaddypaid

Yeah i have sorted it out at long last, In the recent setting the option choose tab switched me to MY MENU page then i could add the battery info to the menu. Why they make things confusing is beyond me.

MaxBlake

Good for you. Nothing is easy any more. And that goes double when it comes to computers and software and updates and upgrades and all of the things that, in the old days, used to work like a snap ... or at least like they should work. :eek: