What lens is on your d5300 right now.....?

RobV

My 18-55 kit lens. (unemployed for the moment)
I have an old 300mm f4 screw focus (manual on the D5300). I had to pull it out the other day to get a picture of a feral cat that has been hanging around.
And my 500mm reflex (total noob purchase!) is manual everything, metering included. It can be fun, but I hope to sell both at a loss and get a long zoom with VR someday. And a 35mm, of course. :)

DSC_0108 - Copy.JPG

napeequa55

18-140... I'm new to photography but so far pretty happy with the versatility of this lens.

My next one will be the 70-300 AFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sashina

Tokina 11-20mm 1.8... Swapped it for my Nikkor 50mmm 1.8 twice since I bought it (9 days ago!) but my trusty walkaround 18-200mm hasn't had a look in!

Sashina

RocketCowboy

The kit 55-300mm typically lives on the D5300 for my wife's needs, but I'll also cycle through the 35mm/f1.8 FX prime on this guy when shooting events.

JuleSolo

I noticed that the 16-85 is the standard lens being offered on the D500. I am tempted to buy the D500, but when comparing features and benefits of the 500 versus my 5300, apart from a more rugged build, faster processing of RAW data when taking rapid shots and more focus points, I can't really see any difference. In theory the 5300 should have better IQ because of the better resolution. Am I missing something?

So I started comparing lens - my two walkabouts are the 18-140 and the 10-24. Neither of them have "Excellent" IQ but they seem to provide me with almost perfect 11x14s and superb 10x8s or below. Is the 16-85 noticeably better in IQ (and if anyone could comment on whether or not the D500 is really worth the extra bucks I'd be grateful.