D750 Delete (trash) button not working

natzure

Has anyone had the issue where the delete (trash) button won't delete an image? I'm hoping this is a config issue but I can't find anything in the manual.
Thanks

J-see

Did you check if your card is write protected?

If not, check if they're protected from deletion (WB button).

Last edited:

Danno

First I would like to welcome you to the forum... I know myself that I occasionally will lock photos by accident. The button on the D7200 is ? plus a key shape. If you push this during review it will lock the photo. You can tell it is locked because the same symbol will appear in the top corner of the photo in review. All you have to do is click it again to unlock the photo.

natzure

1) The card is not write protected. I can remove it from the camera and delete or add images from my pc.
2) The images are not locked. The small key icon for an image is "off".

This worked at one point and I cannot find anything about disabling the button.

Thanks everyone.

BackdoorArts

Is it not working at all or is it just not deleting? In other words, when you press it the first time are you getting a delete confirmation message or simply nothing? Can you use the Delete option in the playback menu to delete selectively or by date?

If the button pops up the delete confirmation message but a second press doesn't delete it, and you can't delete selectively through the Delete option in the playback menu then I'd suggest reformatting the card in the camera and trying again. No reason other than a hunch.

nickt

Speaking of formating, try a two button format. That would be the trash button plus metering mode button. That should physically test the button with a different function.

natzure

Speaking of formating, try a two button format. That would be the trash button plus metering mode button. That should physically test the button with a different function.

A great idea. The format also fails so I would assume the button doesn't work. Into the shop it goes. Thanks!