Nikon 3200 Video quiality/Auto focus...GRRR

cthompson9470

Please, please anyone out there know what I am doing wrong when I shoot a video with my Nikon 3200?? It has a horrible time focusing it seems, and it takes forever to do it and is always focusing on the wrong thing! I have played with it/read about it but to no avail. I want to video my MOVING kids...I just want the ENTIRE frame in focus, nothing fancy. No blur, just everything in focus like an actual video camera would do. WHat if I were videoing a soccer game? ALL of my home videos are full of focus noise constantly...I know I know, get an external mic, but no, I don't want it to do all that focusing! My daughter has a recital (indoor, yikes! ) tom night and I need to figure this out...I will not miss another opportunity because my Nikon falls short! (its prob me falling short, but you know what I mean) I'm no professional, I have a prime 50mm 1.8 lens as well as the zoom kit lens....Help!

Horoscope Fish

Please, please anyone out there know what I am doing wrong when I shoot a video with my Nikon 3200?? It has a horrible time focusing it seems, and it takes forever to do it and is always focusing on the wrong thing! I have played with it/read about it but to no avail. I want to video my MOVING kids...I just want the ENTIRE frame in focus, nothing fancy. No blur, just everything in focus like an actual video camera would do. WHat if I were videoing a soccer game? ALL of my home videos are full of focus noise constantly...I know I know, get an external mic, but no, I don't want it to do all that focusing! My daughter has a recital (indoor, yikes! ) tom night and I need to figure this out...I will not miss another opportunity because my Nikon falls short! (its prob me falling short, but you know what I mean) I'm no professional, I have a prime 50mm 1.8 lens as well as the zoom kit lens....Help!
Are you using AF-F for your focus mode?