I'll be joining you very soon!

Chris@sabor

Well, after much research and the slowdown in D500 rollout, I pulled the trigger von a D7200 with 18-140 lens!
I plan on selling my D7000, 18-55, 55-200, and 70-300.

This will make my new kit:
D7200
Tokina 11-20 2.8
Nikon 18-140 vr
Sigma 150-600 C

I'm planning to shoot with this for a year or so and then upgrade to D500.

Ta2Dave

I've been looking at these as well. Adorama has a couple of refurbished for ~$800. My wife would kill me though if I took that plunge right now. I think the 7200 would be a huge step up from my 3300, but I don't think I need to go there just yet...I am curious about the bracketing though...

It also makes me wonder if there is another 7xxx coming out with the price drop on these???

Chris@sabor

I've been looking at these as well. Adorama has a couple of refurbished for ~$800. My wife would kill me though if I took that plunge right now. I think the 7200 would be a huge step up from my 3300, but I don't think I need to go there just yet...I am curious about the bracketing though...

It also makes me wonder if there is another 7xxx coming out with the price drop on these???

Your camera has nearly identical image quality. I need the D7xxx series mainly for the weather sealing and robust build as I live in a hot and dusty area that is close to the Sea of Cortez.

Danno

I made the jump with a refurbished from a D3200. It is different... significantly. Once I got used to it it is easier to adjust with the button layout vs. The menu approach of the D3xxx. I don't think a new models coming out, but I think the price will stay a while. Give you time to save and persuade. I do like the bracketing for HDR.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Woodyg3

Contributor
Everyone I know who has moved from the D7000 to the 7200 has been happy. You will have a nice kit once all the lenses are in place!

I moved from the D7000 to the D7100 and it was quite a leap. The D7200 has a few improvements over the D7100.

The 18-140 is a step up in lenses also but do keep the 70-300. That is a sweet lens and I still use and enjoy mine with the D750 when I can get it away from my wife.

Chris@sabor

M
I moved from the D7000 to the D7100 and it was quite a leap. The D7200 has a few improvements over the D7100.

The 18-140 is a step up in lenses also but do keep the 70-300. That is a sweet lens and I still use and enjoy mine with the D750 when I can get it away from my wife.
Since I got the 150-600 I just never reach for the 70- 300 anymore. What do you shoot with yours?

MaxBlake

Nice choice. I bought the exact setup a couple of months ago, right down to the lens selection, and have found it to be, by far, the best of the four Nikons that I own. Even the lens is a handy little number, excellent for trips.

Chris@sabor

I like your taste Chris. :) Aside from maybe some macro there's not much you can't do with those lenses.

Well, thank you! I'm really looking forward to the 18-140...It will fit a lot of my non wildlife needs and require fewer lens changes.
Counting the days...arrives May 12th!

MaxBlake

That lens is surprisingly versatile, in my view. I took it along on a recent trip, shot a variety of photos (from landscape to portraits to sports), and was delighted with the way the photos turned out overall. It's not the be-all/end-all solution to camera lenses, but it's doggone good, and it makes things easy on you.

Good luck.

Danino

Let us know how you get on with the camera and lenses especially the 150-600mm.

One of the better macro lenses would be the Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro, comes highly recommended.

I got my basic D7200 kit from (I hope I am allowed to mention, no affiliation) SLR Hut, they seem to have the best prices with the disadvantages of a grey import.

Last edited:

Chris@sabor

Camera arrived last evening! First impressions: Feels familiar, viewfinder seems larger and clearer, viewfinder display is now ice blue and much more readable, shutter sounds slower possible quieter but not by much, I think this sensor renders a truer red.

Here are a few shots from this morning...

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg