Hdr

pauljovi

My first HDR, what do you think. DSC_0054-Edit.jpg

theregsy

I like it, maybe just a little too much halo around the building roofs IMHO but nicely balanced with good detail in the shadows. As a fellow HDR enthusiast can I ask how you shot for it? how many pics at what kind of bracketing? I am always on the lookout fo rmore ideas when it comes to HDR :)
Nice

pauljovi

Thanks, I surpose I cheated as I made 4 copies in lightroom and then openned them in hdr pro. Two photos were under expossed by 1 step/ 2 steps and two were over expossed.

Rick M

Is this from one exposure?If this was done from one actual exposure, it is simulated, not true HDR. Changing the exposure in lightroom does not bring out detail that was not previously recorded and could only be captured by a seperate actual exposure. You have created an interesting effect though and it's a nice shot.

pauljovi

Is this from one exposure?If this was done from one actual exposure, it is simulated, not true HDR. Changing the exposure in lightroom does not bring out detail that was not previously recorded and could only be captured by a seperate actual exposure. You have created an interesting effect though and it's a nice shot.
Here's one with different shutter speeds. I know the subject is wrong but, how is the hdr._DSC0146-Edit.jpg

theregsy

Thanks, I surpose I cheated as I made 4 copies in lightroom and then openned them in hdr pro. Two photos were under expossed by 1 step/ 2 steps and two were over expossed.

I have done that too, it works well especially if you have a single shot of something moving it can be the only way to generate a HDR composite. Dynamic Photo HDR actually has the function to produce HDR type images from a single frame called fake it till you make it.

Browncoat

Thanks, I surpose I cheated...
My comment was going to be that these look like you processed the files before creating your HDR image, and that appears to be the case. You can't really "fake" HDR, because it never really produces the desired results.