Protected/Locked photo in camera?!?!?

Ta2Dave

OK, so somehow when I was snapping pics yesterday, I hit some button that "protected" some of the pictures. There is a key symbol that shows up when you review them in camera. I cant find anything in the manual about how to un-protect them so I can delete them. The camera will delete everything else, except the ones with the key symbol. Any ideas?

Elliot87

If it is the same as my D3200 and I suspect it will be, you will need to review the image on your LCD and then press the AE-L/AF-L button which is located to the left of the thumb wheel you use to adjust shutter speed etc. There is a little key symbol next to the button and that symbolcan be toggled on and off on the image by pressing the button.

Ta2Dave

If it is the same as my D3200 and I suspect it will be, you will need to review the image on your LCD and then press the AE-L/AF-L button which is located to the left of the thumb wheel you use to adjust shutter speed etc. There is a little key symbol next to the button and that symbolcan be toggled on and off on the image by pressing the button.

SMH...wow I'm an idiot lol...I've noticed the key symbol above the ae/af lock, but never put 2 n 2 together...

thanks Elliot!

Elliot87

No problem, it caught me out when I first switched to back button focusing, I was constantly protecting images and didn't put 2 and 2 together myself at first.

Ta2Dave

That's exactly what happened. I decided to revisit the back button focus...and after yesterday I decided that my hands are to big for me to put it to good use...plus I wear glasses and its kind of a pain in the behind...