Batteries

Ruidoso Bill

I am convinced that the Original Nikon Batteries are the only way to go. After buying my second D810 and getting a new battery, I shot 90 minutes of video with that new battery. I have a box full of wasabi batteries and I really don't mind the battery change out if I am shooting stills but I don't think I even get 30 minutes of video per battery. No more 3rd party batteries for me.

Fortkentdad

Hmmm, I shoot with both Wasabi and original Nikon and I have never noticed any difference. I do know that over time all batteries have a gradually diminishing hold capacity - so far after a few years still no noticeable difference.

On the other hand I've never shot long video's like that, rarely shoot any video at all and if I do they are a few minutes at most.

paul04

When I got the D7100 18 month's ago, it came with a free nikon battery grip. So I thought I'd just get a cheap spare battery off eBay £9 to go in it.

The battery works just as good as the original Nikon battery, and still going well after 18 months of use.

My D7100 and D750 share the same battery type so lucky me. I have a total of 5 batteries with a mix of Watson, Wasabi and Nikon. I have never had any problems with any of them. I shoot all day and change the battery out at the end of the day whether it is depleted or not.

Danno

I am most comfortable with 3rd party batteries. I had a bad experience with them in my D3200 and decided to stick with Nikon from then forward. I charge them and let them go to about 3-5% before I change them... that is a left over from when batteries would get memories I guess if they were never fully discharged.

Ruidoso Bill

Most of the wasabi's I have are fresh or relatively new. To get 90 minutes of video with even the Nikon I turn down the back lcd to -5, use a self-powered field monitor and it just makes it, the wasabi are about 1/3 that level of performance for me. I do use wasabi in the field monitor. Just taking pics is one thing, put it in live view and test for yourself, curious if someone has a better option.