New Member Checkin In!

Ke_Ola!

Aloha everybody, I'm Keola. I finally have some time and the necessary means to pursue my photography dream! lol I'm here to learn alot more about this super expensive hobby/profession, as well as hone my skills with my DSLR. I've always been the one behind the camera, even if it was just a point and shoot digital. So, I'll be looking for tons of criticism (constructive, I hope) as well as a whole lot of compliments... ;)

A Hui Hou!

Ke_Ola!

My experience? haha. I really don't have any. I've always shot with a point and shoot. The best camera I had before my D5000 was the Nikon P80. There were some nice features on that camera, but I wanted something more "adjustable". I used to compose my shots like I was shooting with a better camera, but the weak sensor and non-interchangeable lens left much to be desired. I'm a full manual type of person. I need to have that control of my shots. The D5000, while it is a nice beginner DSLR, is about to be upgraded here in a little bit. I'm not saying that I've exhausted this camera's potential. There are things that I desire in a camera that the D5000 simply doesn't have. For instance, I would like an internal autofocus mechanism. I want faster continuous shooting, > 4-5 fps. I want a high-res LCD screen. The D5000 really lacks here. So, I was thinking of going to either the D5100, or the D7000. Until then, I'll get a better lens and keep shooting with the D5k.

Ke_Ola!

Welcome to the site. I too shoot with a D5000 and love it. can't wait to see some of your work.

I've recently uploaded a few diverse shots into the gallery. I pretty much shoot everything, just to get used to different settings for different situations. I really love shooting cars, motorsports, and athletic sports. I wouldn't mind getting into portraits, as I love taking pics of my kids, as I'm sure everyone else does. I just don't see myself focusing in that department. I like the candid feel to be encompassed most in my shots. In other words, I'd rather take a pic of the action; no posing for the shot. With that being said, I'm also looking for a decent prime, or even just a faster lens with better low-light capability over the kit lens....