Somehow managed to delete a full days photos

gillybay4

Hi, I'm very new to the D3100 and took it away with me at weekend to play with. But I somehow managed to delete a full days photo's by mistake and have no idea how I did it! :(

What is the best way to protect photo's from accidental deletion? Can you protect a full days or does it have to be done on an individual basis? Or is it better to protect the SD card?

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
STOP EVERYTHING! You might still be able to retrieve the images!

Did you delete them from your memory card, from your computer or reformat the card? One well regarded program to "undelete" files from a memory card is Lexar Image Rescue.

Last edited:

theregsy

That depends on if you deleted them in camera or during transfer to your PC?
My advice if it was during a move to the PC is use a card reader and copy the files into a folder onto your PC then check that you have them all copied accross properly before putting the card into the camera and formatting it for the next time. once you take the SD card from the camera you can push down a little tab that makes it write protected so you can't accidentally delete anything on there, but you must remember to unprotect the card before using it. Hope that helped?

gillybay4

Thanks for the replies.

I deleted the photo's from the camera, the photo's which were left on the card have transferred to my PC OK!

Rick M

If you used the bundled software (nx 2), there is an option to delete or leave the images on the card at the time of transfer. The option is available on the transfer screen.