16.9/ 21.9 Does anyone crop to this.

pauljovi

Like widescreen tv I think some shots look better wide, I would be interested to hear your opinions.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0024-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

silvertip

I agree. The crop depends on the photo and the way it is to presented. Not all portraits look need to be vertical, sometimes a horizontal format may contain more info about the subject of the portrait.
In the end the crop is dependent on your feel for the subject and what your clients like.

fotojack

I agree. Depends on what's in the shot, and if it would benefit the shot to make it wide or not. All sizes of crop depend what's being cropped. I like the wide format for some motorcycle shots I take at the track. For instance:
View attachment 5427

theregsy

I tend to crop to more standard sizes for printing purposes, but when the situation demands I will crop however I feel suits the image best. Like so many things a lot is a matter of personal taste but widescreen works so much better for landscapes, or any kind of panoramic photo. Jacks image above looks much better cropped into a wider image as does your original at the top. Some nice pics appearing on this thread :)