Howdy from Texas.

Bulldog

I am brand new to this forum but I am not new to photography or to Nikon equipment. I've been shooting nature and wildlife for over 30 years. I've been shooting sports for 3 - 4 years. I also do livestock photography, but I didn't want to say that I shoot livestock. :)

I am currently using a Nkon D300 body and have a D200 (my first digital camera) as a back-up. I have several lenses, most of which I originally bought to use with my film cameras. Among these are:

Tamron 400mm f/4 MF, Tamron 180mm f/2.5 MF, Tamron 90mm f/4 Macro MF, Nikon 300mm f/4.5 IF MF, Nikon 28 - 200mm IS AF and a Nikon 70 - 200mm f/2.8 IS AF lens.

I shoot high school sports for a local newspaper on assignment. I also get to shoot some college football games for Bobcat Fans magazine out of San Marcos, TX. I am the show photographer for a local livestock show. I pretty much specialize in outdoor photography since I don't have a studio and I don't really enjoy photographing people. Unless of course they're running around on a football field or in a show ring with a cow, pig, goat, lamb or chicken. :)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have an English Bulldog named Dixie. :)

Last edited:

Bulldog

Thanks guys! I plan on being a regular here and I hope to learn how to improve my photography. First thing I need to learn is how to post photos. I clicked on the "Insert Image" icon but it asks me for a URL of the image. What exactly is the process for doing this?

Capture.JPG
Just make sure the "from Computer" tap is active and click on "Select files" a bottom and once you locate your file on your computer then click on upload.