bonjour from the usa

gabcur

Surprise, right? Look, I'm trying to cling onto what I learned in high school French classes, and languages, well you either use them or lose them. Let's say I'm losing my French. Either way, I like to get some practice in whenever I can hehe.

So for the past year I've been craving photography. My iPhone camera hasn't been able to satisfy the crisp images I want. Due to being a full time student and part time worker, it was hard for me to save for a camera. Eventually I caved and like most people, I opened a line of credit to afford mine. I definitely new Nikon was the brand for me, and after reviewing some literature online, I decided for my purposes, the D3300 was best for me.

This is the second day I've had my new baby, and the first day I've actually been able to use it. I purchased this camera to use for hobbies, but also to do pet photography (and wildlife, hopefully). Being a member of my local animal shelter's volunteer groups, I was given the opportunity to take pictures of the animals for the newpaper and even their website and facebook. Obviously, the long term goal is to take pet photos for money, but I figured this way would be a great way to gain some experience with more animals than just my cat.

Hmmm, about me in a nutshell, I like art, writing, listening to music (and making spotify playlists), photos, and animals. I definitely have a soft spot for critters more than people, which is probably why I'm currently going to school to be a veterinarian. Photography is a nice way to relax after a long day of studying! I also have a slight addiction to smoking hookah, mostly just because watching the smoke drift out of my mouth entertains me.

So that's me, and even after reading many wikiHows on how to use this thing, I'm still completely lost so hopefully this site will help me figure out all these buttons and settings. :)

Enchantee.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Welcome to the forum. It is full of information and if you can't find what you are looking for, just ask. There are many very knowledgeable people on that are always willing to help.

§am

Welcome.

You had me at hookah ;)
Is there any flavour that always gets your smoke on?

Oh and you'll love the D3300, it's a great introduction to the world of wanting more photography kit!!!

Danno

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is a great place with a lot of knowledge and people willing to share.

Welcome to the forum no lets see some photos

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

MaxBlake

Greetings from Oregon, where they don't even speak French in the so-called French restaurants. No matter ... c'est la vie. Have a great time with your D3300. I've used mine for all sorts of shoots and have had excellent results.

paul_b

Surprise, right? Look, I'm trying to cling onto what I learned in high school French classes, and languages, well you either use them or lose them. Let's say I'm losing my French. Either way, I like to get some practice in whenever I can hehe.

So for the past year I've been craving photography. My iPhone camera hasn't been able to satisfy the crisp images I want. Due to being a full time student and part time worker, it was hard for me to save for a camera. Eventually I caved and like most people, I opened a line of credit to afford mine. I definitely new Nikon was the brand for me, and after reviewing some literature online, I decided for my purposes, the D3300 was best for me.

This is the second day I've had my new baby, and the first day I've actually been able to use it. I purchased this camera to use for hobbies, but also to do pet photography (and wildlife, hopefully). Being a member of my local animal shelter's volunteer groups, I was given the opportunity to take pictures of the animals for the newpaper and even their website and facebook. Obviously, the long term goal is to take pet photos for money, but I figured this way would be a great way to gain some experience with more animals than just my cat.

Hmmm, about me in a nutshell, I like art, writing, listening to music (and making spotify playlists), photos, and animals. I definitely have a soft spot for critters more than people, which is probably why I'm currently going to school to be a veterinarian. Photography is a nice way to relax after a long day of studying! I also have a slight addiction to smoking hookah, mostly just because watching the smoke drift out of my mouth entertains me.

So that's me, and even after reading many wikiHows on how to use this thing, I'm still completely lost so hopefully this site will help me figure out all these buttons and settings. :)

Enchantee.
Have a look at these YouTube tutorial videos to learn about aperture, shutter speed and iso:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzgALhGF8_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzn6yKTVcfs

Also, this tutorial website is great for interactively learning about how the exposure triangle works:

Aperture, shutter and ISO value

Glad to help

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PapaST

welcome aboard... you should get great experience working with animals at your shelter... and you'll probably help them out too in the long run with exposure to adoptive candidates. Enjoy!